Sarah Korones, Wetpain
After 17 years of marriage, legendary director Clint Eastwood and his wife Dina have gone their separate ways in what is turning out to be the most amicable divorce in history.
In a recent appearance on Bethenny Frankel’s talk show, 48-year-old Dina opened up about her divorce from 83-year-old Clint and explained why the octogenarian is cooler than ever these days.
“He’s lovely, he hasn’t done much. It’s other people around him have done things that have blown me away and again my future ex-husband has done nothing,” Dina told Bethenny. “He’s probably the sweetest guy I’ve ever met. He is the sweetest, he is a loving, kind, low-key person so my intuition was still great on marrying a good person.”
The divorce comes as somewhat of a surprise to many as the Clint and Dina were featured on a reality show, Mrs. Eastwood & Company, together just last year. The show followed Dina’s life in Carmel-by-the-Sea, California with her daughter, 16-year-old Morgan.
“My baby is loving life right now, she’s great because she says I am a lot more fun and relaxed and she goes and sees her dad in Los Angeles or at home,” Dina said when Bethenny asked how Morgan was handling the split. “He took her to Coachella. I mean he is 83 years old and he’s rolling with our 20 and 16-year-old at Coachella. Go Clint.”
Source: E! News
- Dina Eastwood Talks Divorce From Clint Eastwood, Says “Lovely” Ex Took Kids to Coachella (eonline.com)
- Dina Eastwood Opens Up About Divorce
- Dina Eastwood Talks Split From Clint Eastwood (abcnews.go.com)
- Clint Eastwood’s ex doesn’t blame him for divorce (contactmusic.com)
- Dina Eastwood Says ‘I Never Thought It Would Happen To Me,’ Of Split With Clint, But Admits She Felt Signs Of Marriage Crumbling (radaronline.com)