On this day in history December 11, 1997 – Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams became the first political ally of the IRA to meet a British leader in 76 years. He conferred with Prime Minister Tony Blair in London.
Because of a tie bellow also important events on this day in history December 11, 1994 – The world’s largest free trade zone was created when leaders of 34 Western Hemisphere nations signed a free-trade declaration known as “The Miami Process.”
and also, 1988 – 62 people were killed in a Mexico City marketplace when tons of illegal fireworks exploded.
- The WTO Achieves The Trade Deal We Don’t Need (forbes.com)
- Diplomat: Iran’s Anzali Free Trade Zone attractive to foreign investors (theiranproject.com)
- All 159 WTO Members Have Agreed On Something, For the First Time Ever (world.time.com)
- Customs Union, Israel to soon form group in order to establish joint free trade zone – official (rbth.co.uk)
- WTO Poised for Biggest Success in Years (the-american-interest.com)