On this day in history March 15,
- 1978 – Somalia and Ethiopia signed a truce to end the Ethiopian-Somali War.
- 1985 – The first Internet domain name is registered (symbolics.com).
- 1985 – Brazilian military dictatorship ends.
- 1986 – Hotel New World Disaster: Thirty-three people die when the Hotel New World in Singapore collapses.
- 1990 – Mikhail Gorbachev is elected as the first President of the Soviet Union.
- 1991 – The Treaty on the Final Settlement with Respect to Germany comes into effect, granting full sovereignty to the Federal Republic of Germany