On this day in history December 28,
- 1943 – World War II: After eight days of brutal house-to-house fighting, the Battle of Ortona concludes with the victory of the 1st Canadian Infantry Division over the German 1st Parachute Divisionand the capture of the Italian town of Ortona.
- 2000 – U.S. retail giant Montgomery Ward announces it is going out of business after 128 years.
- Kosovo – America’s Nazi Colony (olympia.gr)
- Here is How A Second World War Canadian Veteran Is Treated Differently Than An Afghan War Canadian Veteran (blogs.ottawacitizen.com)
- Seaforth’s dinner to replicate the Ortona battlefield meal of Christmas, 1943 (theprovince.com)
- December 28 in history (homepaddock.wordpress.com)
- On This Day in History – December 21, 2013 (aparalleltoohighbh.blogspot.com)