On this day in history December 27, 1997 – In Northern Ireland, Billy Wright was assassinated. He was imprisoned as a Protestant paramilitary leader.
1985 – Palestinian guerrillas opened fire inside the Rome and Vienna airports. A total of twenty people were killed, including five of the attackers, who were slain by police and security personnel.
1949 – Queen Juliana of the Netherlands granted sovereignty to Indonesia after more than 300 years of Dutch rule.
- Today in history for Dec. 27 (goerie.com)
- RUC Special Branch ‘knew loyalist killer Billy Wright was involved’ in Roseann Mallon murder (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Today in Irish History: 27 December _______________. (stairnaheireann.wordpress.com)
- This Day in the Yesteryear: the Rome and Vienna Airport Attacks (1985) (euzicasa.wordpress.com)
- Jesus was WHAT??? (israelisoldiersmother.blogspot.com)