On this day in history December 26,
- 1982 – Time‘s Man of the Year is for the first time a non-human, the personal computer.
- 1991 – The Supreme Soviet of the Soviet Union meets and formally dissolves the Soviet Union.
- 1994 – Four Armed Islamic Group hijackers seize control of Air France Flight 8969. When the plane lands at Marseille, a French Gendarmerie assault team boards the aircraft and kills the hijackers.
- Mikhail Kalashnikov, Soviet Inventor of the AK-47, Dies at 94 (world.time.com)
- Seven Myths about the USSR (prolecenter.wordpress.com)
- The Soviet Union’s $1 Billion ‘Psychotronic’ Arms Race with the U.S. (cryptogon.com)
- Mikhail Kalashnikov, Creator of AK-47, Dies at 94 (nytimes.com)
- Documentary : Know Uzbekistan and Tajikistan (propelsteps.wordpress.com)