On this day inhistory December 9, 1975 – U.S. President Gerald R. Ford signed a $2.3 billion seasonal loan authorization to prevent New York City from having to default.
- US christens newest aircraft carrier (bbc.co.uk)
- Gerald R. Ford (CVN 78): Keel Laying to Christening in Four Minutes [TIME LAPSE] (gcaptain.com)
- Navy to christen the aircraft carrier Gerald R. Ford on Saturday (wtkr.com)
- The steady hand of Gerald Ford (jsonline.com)
- U.S. Navy’s Next Generation Aircraft Carrier, Gerald R. Ford, Set for Saturday Christening (gcaptain.com)