On this day in history December 3,
- 1970 – October Crisis: In Montreal, Quebec, kidnapped British Trade Commissioner James Cross is released by the Front de libération du Québec terrorist group after being held hostage for 60 days. Police negotiate his release and in return the Canadian government grants five terrorists from the FLQ’s Chenier Cell their request for safe passage to Cuba.
- New Brunswick & Quebec – Montreal, Canada (travelpod.com)
- ‘October 1970’ by Louis Hamelin (kimbofo.typepad.com)
- Officials seeking aerospace ties with Quebec (wptz.com)
- Time is running out for Quebec’s real-life Rosie the Riveters (theglobeandmail.com)
- December 3 in history (homepaddock.wordpress.com)