Officer Rod Bradway was a father, firefighter, husband, and great friend, who died saving a woman and her baby………………
INDIANAPOLIS — Colleagues, family members and public officials gathered Thursday to share stories about IMPD Officer Rod Bradway, who was killed in the line of duty last Friday.
“Words fail when heroes fall,” Gov. Mike Pence said during the funeral service. “In times like these, words can never give proper voice to our sorrow, our gratitude, our respect. And still, we must try.”
Bradway, a father of two, firefighter, and youth soccer referee, was known for his bravery and ‘mischievous personality,’ reports WISH TV.
Bradway, a 5-year veteran, was mortally wounded while rescuing a woman and baby held captive at gunpoint.
He and another responding officer both returned fire, killing gunman Steve Byrdo.
- How you can help: Hoosiers honor hero, IMPD Officer Rod Bradway (fox59.com)
- Funeral honors Indianapolis officer (wane.com)
- Wayne Township cancels school Thursday for IMPD Officer Bradway’s funeral (fox59.com)
- Funeral honors IMPD Officer Rod Bradway (wthitv.com)
- Fallen Officer Bradway honored with IMPD’s Medal of Honor, Purple Heart (fox59.com)
- Byrdo family speaks out on officer death (wishtv.com)
- Mourners honor slain Indianapolis officer as hero (posttrib.suntimes.com)
- Wife of fallen officer sends support (wishtv.com)
- IMPD officer shot and killed (wane.com)
- Officer Rod Bradway was 5-year veteran (wishtv.com)